All of us daydream with a hopeful attitude from time to time. We imagine ourselves in a different state of life, often fueled by what we see on TV and in print.
Optimism is crucial — you have to believe you can — but it is important to remember to get started before all the lights turn green, be committed to your pursuit with great focus and energy, and finish no matter what for there are no credits, no rewards, no accolades, no windfalls, no satisfaction for those that quit halfway through.
Wishful thinking doesn’t help you…
- Become wise,
- or well-educated,
- or loved by others,
- or a great investor,
- or a millionaire, multi-millionaire, or billionaire,
- or learn to speak Spanish,
- or play the piano, guitar, or harmonica well,
- or speak compellingly in front of a large audience,
- or play basketball, or squash, or racketball spledidly,
- or do three fantastic magic tricks,
- or ski black diamond slopes without breaking limbs,
- or become amazing in terms of cardio fitness, or muscular strength,
- or be the best parent you can be,
- or smarter on any given topic.
Only doing, striving, trying, risking, stumbling, overcoming, learning, improving oneself, helps.
Today, are you mostly a do-er or a watcher? Do you make up excuses or do you hold yourself accountable? Do you set goals, and then milestones and specific plans to reach those goals? Do you embrace change and risk or do you hide from both. Do you have a burning desire to learn and grow and excel or is being OK good enough for you?
There is no time like today to decide your own DNA.
Just do it,